Top 5 Hilarious Stress Busters
Unfortunately, stress in the workplace is a growing concern for employees and employers in Australia. It is a well- established fact that carrying around too much stress is unhealthy, as the human body is not designed for handling much stress.
Research figures show that between 1996 and 2004, the number of stress related claims in Australia almost doubled. This workplace stress impacts employee productivity through increased absenteeism and imposes a direct economic cost on employers.
Some work factors that contribute to unhappiness amongst employees are excessive work hours, noise and overcrowding, health and safety risks, ergonomic problems, organisational practices, poor communication and office politics, competition and conflicts.
But enough of the boring statistics…a fail proof way to combat stressful factors is through the healing power of humour. Below are the top five funniest ways to blow off the stress of your work place environment:
1) Take yourself to the bowling alley and bowl an entire game rolling the ball two handed between your legs backwards.
2) Spend an hour saying hello to the possums in the park…to add some more dramatic effect feel free to call them by a co-workers name.
3) Drive to a local campsite. Hide in the woods making wolf howling noises all night long. Aaaaooooollll night long.
4) Punch your pillow. Kick your pillow. Bite your pillow. Chainsaw your pillow. And finally…drown your pillow in a basin full of marmalade
5) Have a ‘Treat Yourself’ day. Eat delicious cakes, sip on a strong alcoholic beverage, take a dip in a bubble bath…you get the idea!
Once you’ve tested the waters with these stress busting methods, please feel free to get in touch with us at Hidden Door and let us know how you went.